1. 거래제의(business proposal), 안내서(circulars)및 조회
Drill 1. 저희는 대한무역진흥공사를 통해 귀사가 도자기류 취급 수입상이라는 사실과 함께 귀사의 이름과 주소를 알 게 되었습니다.
이름과 주소: your name and address
도자기류: crockery, pottery, ceranic ware, chinaware
취급하다: deal in, specialize in
~과함께: along with, together with, coupled with
알게되다: learn from, be indebted to
1. Your name and address have been given to us by the Korea Trade Promotion Corporation
as an importer dealing in crockery.
2. We are indebted for your name and address to the Korea Trade Promotion Corporation as an importer of pottery.
3. Through the courtesy of the Korea Trade Promotion Corporation, we have learned your name and address along with the fact that you are an importer specializing in chinaware.
4. Your name and address have been recommended to us by ~
5. We have received your name and address from the Korea Trade Promotion Corporation as an importer of crockery
* be indebted to ... for ~는 ... 에게 ... 에 대해 감사하게 생각한다로 to 다음에는 사람이나 회사를 for 다음에는 내용을 적으면 된다.
Drill 2. 귀사 제품에 관한 5월 1일자 조회에 대한 5월 10일자 회신에 감사드립니다.
~ 일자 귀하의 편지: your letter of (dated) May 1
~ 에 관한 조회: our inquiry for your products
~ 에 대한 회신: your reply to our inquiry of May 1
제품: goods, products, articles
감사하다: thank for, be obliged to (for), be indebted to (for), be thankful to (for)
be grateful for (to), extend(show, express) my gratitude(thanks) to
appreciate, be glad to, be pleased to, acknowledge
1. Thank you for your reply of May 10 to our inquiry dated May 1 for your products.
2. We are thankful to you for your reply of May 10 to our inquiry of May 1 about your products.
3. We really appreciate your reply of May 10 to our inquiry of May 1 for your goods.
Drill 3. 그 회사에 대한 자세한 정보를 저희에게 제공해 주시면 감사하겠습니다.
회사: the company, firm, concern, corporation, enterprise
대기업: a conglomerate, a big business group
1. We'll appreciate it if you supply us with detailed information on the company.
2. We'll be pleased if you provide us with detailed information concerning the firm.
Drill 4. 귀하께서 요청하신 카탈로그와 가격표를 동봉하게 되어 기쁘게 생각합니다.
요청하다: ask for, request
They asked me to send them a catalog.
They asked me for a catalog.
They requested us to send money at once.
They requested of us that money be sent at once
They requested a catalog of us.
동봉하다: enclose, accompany
I enclose a check with this letter.
A check is enclosed with this letter.
I herewith enclose a check for $200.
Enclosed herewith is a check for $200.
Thank you for your letter enclosing a check.
1. We are glad to enclose with this letter the catalog and price list you asked for.
2. We are pleased to enclose herewith the catalog and price list you requested.
Drill 5. 귀하께 요청했던 상품목록과 가격표를 동봉한 귀하의 어체 편지를 받고 매우
1. We are very glad to receive your letter of yesterday enclosing copies of the catalog and
price list we had asked for.
2. We were very pleased to receive your letter of yesterday enclosing the catalog and price
list we had requested of you.
Drill 6. 저희는 Beirut에 주재하는 우리 대사관을 통해 귀하가 한구제 전자 제품에 관심이
있다는 것을 알았습니다.
한국제: goods of Korean make , goods of Korean manufacture, goods made in Korea<
1. We have learned through(from) our embassy in Beirut that you are interested in Korean-made electronics products.
2. We have been informed by the Korean Embassy in Beirut that you have an interest in electronics products of Korean make
Drill 7. 귀사에서 저희에게 운임 수취인 지급(조건)으로 개인용 컴퓨터 10대를 공급해 주실수 있는지 여부를 알고 싶습니다.
운임수취인 지급조건: AmE freight collect/BrE carriage forward
공급하다: supply + 사람 + with, supply + (물건) + to + (사람)
이와 같은 용법의 동사로 provide, furnish, present, serve 등이 있다.
1. We'd like to know whether (or not) you can supply us with 10 personal computers freight collect.
2. We want to know if you can supply 10 personal computers to us freight collect.
Drill 8. 귀하께서 가격표와 함께 귀사 제품에 관한 세부사항을 보내 주셨으면 합니다.
세부사항: details, specifics, particulars
specifics는 세부내용이라는 뜻으로 항상 복수형으로 사용된다.
1. I want you to send us details of your products along with your price list.
2. We'd like you to send us particulars of your goods together with your price list.
Drill 9. 송장을 받은 날로부터 10일 이내에 대금 지불을 할 경우 정가에서 5%의 특별 할인을
5%의 할인: a reduction of 5%, 5% discount
정가에서 5%의 할인을 해주다. allow(give; grant) you a discount of 5% on(off) the net price
1. For payment within 10 days from the receipt of the invoice, we'll allow you a 5% discount
on the net price.
2. In case you pay for the goods within 10 days from the receipt of the invoice, we'll give you a deduction of 5% on the list price.
Drill 10. 귀사 제품의 품질과 가격이 만족스러우면 우리는 그 상품을 대량으로 주문하겠습니다.
대량주문: a large order, an order in quantity, order on a large scale
어떤 상품을 누구에게 주문하다: We ordered 500 TV sets from him.
We placed an order for 500 TV sets with him.
1. If the quality and prices of your products are satisfactory to us, we'll place a large order.
2. If the quality and prices of your goods satisfy us, we'll order them on large scale from you.